Legends of Astravia
A downloadable game for Windows
UPDATE 12/15/2018: The v2.2b demo is now available! It features the introductory area, and 1-2 hours of gameplay!
Have feedback? Found a bug? Want to see what I'm up to? Join the official discord!
Legends of Astravia is a story-driven, puzzle-based RPG inspired by classic Super Nintendo games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the Legend of Zelda.
It was originally created for the IGMC 2017 contest, but what was supposed to be a small game turned out to become the introduction to an epic RPG.
The game starts off in the small town of Mordin Village, bordered by forests and swamps on the western edge of Astravia. After being rescued by the local swordsman, Baldric, you find yourself at a loss for any of your past memories. Under the assumption you were a courier from the city of Valica to the east, you decide to prepare for your venture there, with hope that the familiar environment will help you regain your memory.
However, your plans quickly change when you discover a member of Mordin Village is in danger...
This game is in active development and will continue to receive periodic updates. It is free throughout its development cycle, until it becomes approximately 50-75% complete. From there, demos will be available to project contributors, until the game eventually becomes complete!
Current estimated project completion: 15%
I look forward to completing this project and hearing everyone's feedback!
- Fast-paced “Action Timed Battle” system that relies on strong decision making.
- Multiple party members with individual combat styles
- Plenty of monsters, but avoidable combat encounters for flexible play styles.
- Various dungeons, caves, and towns to explore with unique puzzles and characters.
- Various side-quests with special rewards.
- Crafting / Extraction / Enchantment system for weapons, equipment, and items.
- Dynamic lighting, weather, and a fully-functional day / night cycle.
Over a century ago, a horrific, apocalyptic event known as the Great Cataclysm threatened to wipe out the world of Astravia.
Upon the brink of destruction, two heroes used their magical prowess to stop it, then vanished--overwhelmed by the power needed to stop the Great Cataclysm. The people of Astravia hailed their sacrifice, and for a while peace among Astravians was found.
However, this peace did not last. Tension began to grow and a massive civil war erupted between the major kingdoms.
The kingdoms battled for strength and power, resulting in the deaths of many.
The war eventually ended, but it bred hatred and malice...
A malicious necromancer, fueled by the pain of war, began to spread dark energy and summon demonic creatures all across Astravia.
With no heroes to save the world this time, who will stop him?
Known Bugs / Issues (v2.2b)
- To be updated!
"Legends of Astravia", and its story, characters, and themes within are © Liz Paglione.
All Rights Reserved.
Borrowed assets, scripts, and game engine components are property of their respected owners, and are used and modified with their permission.
This information is detailed in the "Credits" documentation provided with the game.
Any asset, script, or component not detailed in the "Credits" documentation is created by and thus property of Liz Paglione.
If you feel an asset, script, or component was used without your permission, please contact Liz immediately via email@example.com
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 2.2b Update + Gameplay Stream2 days ago
- Big Battle Changes & Next Version Plans4 days ago
- Official Discord!9 days ago
- Minor Update: v2.1b14 days ago
- The v2.0b Demo is Finally Here16 days ago
- The Beast Stirs....18 days ago
- Version Changes and Anticipated UpdateJul 25, 2018
- Plan of Attack - 5/15/18May 15, 2018