Legends of Astravia
A downloadable game for Windows
UPDATE 2/2/2018: Legends of Astravia v1.1 is released!
Estimated Current Demo Playtime: 35-40 Minutes
Legends of Astravia is a story-driven, puzzle-based RPG inspired by classic Super Nintendo games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and the Legend of Zelda.
It was originally created for the IGMC 2017 contest, but what was supposed to be a small game turned out to become the introduction to an epic RPG.
The game starts off in the small town of Mordin Village, bordered by forests and swamps on the western edge of Astravia. After being rescued by the local swordsman, Baldric, you find yourself at a loss for any of your past memories. Under the assumption you were a courier from the city of Valica to the east, you decide to prepare for your venture there, with hope that the familiar environment will help you regain your memory.
However, your plans quickly change when you discover a member of Mordin Village is in danger...
This game is in active development and will continue to receive periodic updates. It is free throughout its development cycle, until it becomes approximately 50-75% complete. From there, demos will be available to project contributors, until the game eventually becomes complete!
Current estimated project completion: 10%
I look forward to completing this project and hearing everyone's feedback!
- Fast-paced “Action Timed Battle” system that relies on strong decision making.
- Multiple party members with individual combat styles
- Plenty of monsters, but avoidable combat encounters for flexible play styles.
- Various dungeons, caves, and towns to explore with unique puzzles and characters.
- Various side-quests with special rewards.
- Crafting / Extraction / Enchantment system for weapons, equipment, and items.
- Dynamic lighting, weather, and a fully-functional day / night cycle.
Over a century ago, a horrific, apocalyptic event known as the Great Cataclysm threatened to wipe out the world of Astravia.
Upon the brink of destruction, two heroes used their magical prowess to stop it, then vanished--overwhelmed by the power needed to stop the Great Cataclysm. The people of Astravia hailed their sacrifice, and for a while peace among Astravians was found.
However, this peace did not last. Tension began to grow and a massive civil war erupted between the major kingdoms.
The kingdoms battled for strength and power, resulting in the deaths of many.
The war eventually ended, but it bred hatred and malice...
A malicious necromancer, fueled by the pain of war, began to spread dark energy and summon demonic creatures all across Astravia.
With no heroes to save the world this time, who will stop him?
Planned Updates / Release Schedule
The next update will be Version 1.2. This update will be a large content update. The planned release time will be sometime in March. It will include the following features and content updates:
- Revised equip, save, store and options menu.
- Better battle turn handling (skipping, switching allies)
- Inclusion of a Beastiary to track enemies and loot
- The Mordin Sanctuary dungeon--with monsters, loot, puzzles and more!
- More game lore scattered among books.
Known Bugs / Issues [v.1.1]
Here are the problems I'm aware of that will be fixed next update:
- Attempting to "switch" characters in combat may cause a game crash.
- "Skipping turns" in combat is an awkward mechanic slated to be removed.
- Armor and defending currently isn't calculating properly. Whoops!
- Visiting the shopkeeper/blacksmith doesn't trigger the initial quest correctly (you need to talk to them each more than once).
"Legends of Astravia", and its story, characters, and themes within are © Liz Paglione.
All Rights Reserved.
Borrowed assets, scripts, and game engine components are property of their respected owners, and are used and modified with their permission.
This information is detailed in the "Credits" documentation provided with the game.
Any asset, script, or component not detailed in the "Credits" documentation is created by and thus property of Liz Paglione.
If you feel an asset, script, or component was used without your permission, please contact Liz immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org
I love bug reports, please let me know your feedback! However, check out the known issues/bugs list to save you some typing before you send a report.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version Changes and Anticipated Update54 days ago
- Plan of Attack - 5/15/18May 15, 2018
- The State of Things - 3/31/18Mar 31, 2018
- Status Report - 3/25/2018Mar 25, 2018
- Weekly Status Report - 2/25/18Feb 25, 2018
- Weekly Status Report - 2/17/18Feb 18, 2018
- Weekly Status Report - 2/10/18Feb 11, 2018
- v1.1.1 Minor UpdateFeb 03, 2018